tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mohammad Musleh" <mmos...@mum.edu>
Subject MM:Tomcat with SSL
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:01:12 GMT
GlacierDear guys;

- I have Java 2 SDK 1.4.2 that come with JSSE
- Apache Tomcat version 4.1
- I'm using Windows environment

I'm having a problem when I configured Tomcat with SSL, I followed HOW TO
steps in Apache web site like this

1. have generated the key using this command
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

2. Uncommented the "SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector" in server.xml

3. Restarted Tomcat

But I got the following problem
Jan 13, 2004 9:56:44 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
SEVERE: Error initializing socket factory
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Can't find any SSL implementation
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLImplementation.getInstance(SSLImplementation.j
ava:97)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLImplementation.getInstance(SSLImplementation.j
ava:103)

I searched for SSLImplementation class and I found it in a jar file, and
that jar file is in the class path.

Any answers or suggestion why I'm getting this error and how to solve it???

Thanks
Mohammad Musleh
Software Architect and Developer
Computer Science Dept, MUM