tomcat-users mailing list archives

From PamelaGardi...@hartfordlife.com
Subject Running Tomcat 4.1.2.7 from Service vs DOS
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:55:24 GMT
We are running a newly developed Java app on Tomcat 4.1.2.7 with JDK 1.4.0
and using Struts 1.1. When we start the Tomcat server as a Service, this
application comes up and is usable for about 15 minutes, and then it
crashes (never at the same point in the app - so we have ruled that out).
However, when we start the Tomcat server from a DOS prompt, this same
application runs forever and never crashes. Before our production support
team will agree to change the way they start and schedule Tomcat, they are
asking for a reason that this occurs.
Does anyone know what the difference is between running it from a Service
vs. DOS and why one would cause it to crash and the other wouldn't?

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive
use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information.
 If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution
is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.