tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan-Olaf.Schierk...@GAD.de
Subject Antwort: Modifying a running environment
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:35:20 GMT

may take a look here :

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg88642.html

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/11/20/tomcat.html?page=2

http://www.faqchest.com/prgm/tomcat-l/tmct-03/tmct-0303/tmct-030322/tmct03031004_08501.html

you don't have to install new. just change the configuration files -
server.xml (jvmRoute!), workers.properties and httpd.conf (or included
*.conf).

if you are interested , i can post our config -

jan

|         |           David Almada     |
|         |           <dalmada@sisp.cv>|
|         |           29.01.2004 10:56 |
|         |           Bitte antworten  |
|         |           an "Tomcat Users |
|         |           List"            |

  |       An:       tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
                                                           |
  |       Kopie:
                                                           |
  |       Thema:    Modifying a running environment

Hi,
I have a production environment with 2 servers running only one instance
of tomcat 4.0 with Apache and w2k each. My configuration uses  also only
one worker ajp13 for each installion. I want to alter my configuration
to permit load balancing between them( workers) using both machines,
whitout reinstall everything again? Its' possible? How can I do That,
just altering the file workers.properties? Any help please.

Thanks in advance

David