tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Nybro Bolding" <thomas.bold...@danskebank.dk>
Subject Vedr.: Re: Memory Leaks
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:24:40 GMT
Hey Chris,
sorry for interrupting but if you into optimizing your JVM setting as well
as explorings its options I would recommend:
-
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/midp/articles/garbagecollection2/
- http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc1.4.2/

Perhaps some of the more savvy developers can give more directions.

As always remember the best tests are those carried out by yourself
profiling you applications  - if I didnt say SOMEONE else would have...
;-)

Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schultz@comcast.net>
14-01-2004 16:17
Besvar venligst til "Tomcat Users List"

        Til:    Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Vedr.:  Re: Memory Leaks

Yoav,

>>>With JDK
>>>1.4, there's a runtime parameter to ignore System.gc() calls and that
>>>parameter may be on by default in the future.
>>
>>What is this parameter? I've never seen it before...
>
> -XX:+DisableExplicitGC is the parameter, which I believe has been
> available since JDK 1.4.0.

Wow, I didn't know that -XX parameters existed. Where can I get more
information on these, if you don't mind?

Thanks,
-chris

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en
fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge
svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller
kopiere den.
Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus og
andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og laeses, aabnes
den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade, som er
opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete
the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it.
Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors
that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient opens
the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the receipt or use of this message.
</FONT>