tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Österreicher <lukas.oesterreic...@inode.at>
Subject Re: weired chunked encoding (how to disable properly)
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:51:42 GMT
The reason I cannot set the content length is because I encode audio on-the-fly.
It takes a minute average to encode such an audio file (assuming just one file
is encoded at a time) and it would result in a timeout on the client side.
In my first tests I waited for the file encoding to finish and then send the file,
including content length, but ofcourse I cannot let the user wait that long.

The reason I must use http 1.0 is because apparantly winamp (or similar
players, I think, too) do not handle chunked encoding correctly.

I have mentioned this on the winamp forums already and hope they
will work on it.

Meanwhile I will try the restrictedUserAgents attribute and see if I can
force http 1.0

Lukas