tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Sierra Fernández <...@tid.es>
Subject RE: excel from java
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:29:00 GMT
You can also take a look at JAWIN. it's a bridge between JAva and Win32.
You can manage any scriptable COM object from your java code.
It could be a good option if you are good in programming Excel from Visual
Basic script.

here you have an example, a piece of code to generate a new excel sheet and
write some nonsense:

import com.develop.jawin.*;
import com.develop.jawin.win32.*;

public class ExcelProp {
  public static void main(String [] args) throws Exception {
    Ole32.CoInitialize();

    DispatchPtr app = new DispatchPtr("Excel.Application");

    app.put("Visible", -1);

    DispatchPtr books = app.getObject("Workbooks");

    DispatchPtr book =
(DispatchPtr)books.invoke("Open","d:\\jawin\\demos\\src\\sierra.xls");

    DispatchPtr sheets = book.getObject("Worksheets");
    DispatchPtr sheet = sheets.getObject("Item", new Integer(1));

    DispatchPtr x = (DispatchPtr)sheet.getN("Range", new Object[] { "A2",
"C3" });
    x.invoke("Select");

    DispatchPtr range = sheet.getObject("Range", "A1:A3");

    DispatchPtr range2 = range.getObject("Item", new Integer(2));
    range.putN("Item", new Object[] {new Integer(1)}, 2, range2);

    Ole32.CoUninitialize();
  }

}

David Sierra Fernández