tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Ward" <>
Subject RE: Repeated "load-on-startup" niggle
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:27:58 GMT
> Howdy,
> But he wants to redirect all requests, not just those for /.

Exactly.  I did in fact have an index.html which did a redirect
to "/hal" so it looks like I'd tried that solution in the dim and
distant past.

Obviously once I had pointed "/" at "/hal" using it's docBase attribute
(in server.xml) the /index.html never got processed.

All of this is required to keep current users from having to
update their URLs (they do a lot of web query imports to Excel)
whilst avoiding the stuff in the "/hal" <Context> being initialised
for both "/" and "/hal".

I'm going to try a response.sendRedirect() from a Filter running
in under "/".

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message