tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Ward" <cw...@horizon-asset.co.uk>
Subject RE: Xalan redirect (to file) within Tomcat
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:42:36 GMT

> Howdy,
> I don't know Xalan well enough to answer, but it seems pretty
> clear tomcat is looking for a class called Redirect, while
> the stylesheet uses redirect.  It seems like a
> case-sensitivity issue, but I can't help much beyond that ;)
>
> Yoav Shapira

I agree.  Anyway, a few Googles later and I found this

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200309/msg00716.html

which uses an alternative namespace declaration...

	xmlns:redirect="org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect"
	extension-element-prefixes="redirect">

and this seems to work for me.  I don't know if there is
anything sinister about using this different declaration, and
I am confused (like the guy in the above mail thread) as to why
the other declaration of

    xmlns:redirect="http://xml.apache.org/xalan/redirect"

works in my command line tests.

Anyway - there's what I've found out in case anyone else is interested.

Chris