tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chang, Betty" <bch...@datasweep.com>
Subject RE: Really dumb question -- how do I set up Tomcat 5 to run as a service on NT?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:34:34 GMT
Hi -- Thanks for the reply.  So, now I downloaded Tomcat 4, but I don't
see an install program.  I downloaded the .zip file.  Was I supposed to
download an .exe file instead?

Thanks

Betty

-----Original Message-----
From: Merrill Cornish [mailto:merrill.cornish@earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 12:26 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Really dumb question -- how do I set up Tomcat 5 to run as
a service on NT?

Betty,

As nearly as I can tell, Tomcat 4 was distributed for Windows as a .exe
file which included an installer.  That installer which could do the
service install.  However, Tomcat 5 is distributed (so far, at least) as

a .zip file, which has no installer.  I can run  Tomcat 5 standalone, as

I did Tomcat 4, but I haven't yet been able to run as a service yet.
When I try to command line approach, it doesn't work--I think it's
because the command line is too long.

Merrill