tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject RE: OutOfMemory exception explanation?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:35:50 GMT
download a memory profiler, should give you the exact place where memory is
being wasted. probably in your own webapp

-----Original Message-----
From: D'Alessandro, Arthur [mailto:Arthur.Dalessandro@cbetech.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 11:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: OutOfMemory exception explanation?

We've been getting these every now and then:

Jan 23, 2004 5:03:30 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread runIt
SEVERE: Exception in acceptSocket
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Jan 23, 2004 5:03:30 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable run
SEVERE: Caught exception executing
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread@8a4d2e, terminating thread
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Terminating thread
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:53
2)
        at
.java:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Once this occurrs, I have to stop / start the entire Tomcat container in
order to allow this particular webapp to function again.  It only
effects a particular servlet mapping for a  given webapp.  Does anyone
have any suggestions on how to resolve?  We're running version 4.1.24..
Any leads would be great, thanks.

-Art