tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brennon Obst" <>
Subject RE: Linking tomcat with apache
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:11:52 GMT
Dear usergroup,

I am linking with JK2 using tomcat5 and having some problems with my

I have a tutorial for tomcat4 (best one I could find) and in it the
following instructions are specific for tomcat4 however I want to make
the changes to use tomcat5.

---start tutorial segment----

Now look for a line that says

<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"

Just below that line, add the following:

<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
append="true" forwardAll="false"
modJk="c:/apache/Apache2/modules/mod_jk-2.0.43.dll" />

----end tutorial ----

The line className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" is
specific and I do not know how to specify the right file.

Any pointers or server.xml would be appreciated.

<<more info on setup>>
Tomcat 5.0
Apache 2.0

Thank you in advance,