tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject RE: OT Class reloading and Hotswap
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:04:10 GMT

- I don't think that -server is heavily used.
  - Many don't care about it
  - Many of those who cared, found this option pretty useless,
    as it induced instability (I'm not shure if anyone tried
    with the latest JDK)

- When they talk about "-server is slow", they talk about
  it in the context of the option -Xdebug. If -Xdebug
  and -server are used together, hotspot will stay in
  interpretation only mode. (This affects not only the
  startup but also the complete livetime of the vm)