tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject RE: [OT] Apache and Tomcat together
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:53:07 GMT
I think the main benefit is the simpler configuration.

mod_proxy has some drawbacks:

- The http request has to be processed twice (once in apache
  and a second time in the tomcat connector). This may
  effect the performance.
  <Shapira On>Test your application, against your expected
  load. Don't beleave anyone who claims that something will
  be slower/faster than another thing<Shapira Off>

- You can't use unix sockets or in process

- Loadbalancing on the apache level migth get less simple
  than with mod_jk

- I'm not shure if the ease of configuration keeps as simple
  if you start to use https. I'm not shure if ssl has to be
  configured in apache and tomcat.

If that's ok for you, you can use mod_proxy