tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Cryder" <>
Subject Configuring Tomcat connections
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:31:33 GMT
Can someone offer some suggestions on configuring the number of connections
Tomcat 4.1 will accept? I am using a stress tester to access the sample
servlet (http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample).
Somewhere around 14-15 concurrent requests, I start seeing
" Connection refused: connect"

Looking in the Tomcat server.xml file, I see

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false" />

I assume this is the connector I'm going through (since my URL is referring
to port 8080). According to the docs
acceptCount and maxProcessors should affect this behavior, but I am not
seeing any changes when I adjust them upwards. Should I be looking
elsewhere? Anyone have any suggestions?

Christian Cryder
Internet Architect,
Project Chair, BarracudaMVC -
"Coffee? I could quit anytime, just not today"

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message