tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vegard Skjefstad <vegard.skjefs...@nrk.no>
Subject 5.0.16: Deploying to common/lib from WAR
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 08:12:22 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to have a file copied to the $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib when a
WAR-file is automatically deployed on a running instance of the Tomcat 5.0
server? I need to have jdbc.jar in this directory to get connection pooling
to work. Or maybe someone can tell me how to get pooling to work without
having to dump jdbc.jar in the common/lib directory. Without the file in
that location I get this exception:

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class
'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', cause: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Vegard Skjefstad

--- -- -
Vegard Skjefstad, c0d3 /\/\0nk3y
Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation
Office:      +47 23 04 78 37
Cellular:    +47 92 48 17 12
For further contact information, please visit
http://www.vegard.net/about/#contact