tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: shutdown hook for JNDI custom resource factories???
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:13:37 GMT

Howdy,
AFAIK there's no explicit lifecycle support around these resource
factories.  I would suggest adding a finalizer to the PMF class, but
that's a 3rd party class outside your control.  I think grabbing it from
JNDI in the shutdown method is what's left.  I'm not happy with it
because it's too heavyweight an operation for shutdown, but...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Manager
>Factory object (PMF).  The PMF is supposed to be closed and I found
that
>when I was creating storing the PMF in a servlet context listener and
>creating it on startup, if I didn't shut it down upon application
shutdown,
>upon application reload I would get a java.lang.ThreadDeath.
>
>Am I going to have to grab the object from JNDI in the shutdown()
method