tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Is there such thing as an "alias" context?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:39:27 GMT

Howdy,

>The way that we are currently doing this is to set the docBase
attribute
>of the "alias" context to the docBase of the "concrete".  For example:
>    <Context path="/concrete" docBase="/app/webroot" />
>    <Context path="/alias"    docBase="/app/webroot" />
>
>I don't like this approach as if we move the docBase of the concrete
>context, we need to update the docBase of the alias context.  I would

Yup.

>I also know that this could be done using an actual web application
with
>a single servlet that redirects all requests to the other context.

Yup.

>However, that requires creation and maintenance.  If this could be done
>with a configuration setting that would be good.

Maybe.  Feel free to contribute a patch: it will be reviewed.

>I haven't been able to find anything about redirects or aliases in the
>tomcat 5 documentation.  Is there such a feature?

No.  A search of this list's archives will show that you're not the only
person to have asked this, and solutions have been discussed including a
small webapp with one servlet of filter as you describe, and Apache's
mod_rewrite.

Yoav Shapira