tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: maxProcessors vs maxThreads
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:38:42 GMT

Howdy,

>thanks yoav, i noticed that but then does that mean that there is no
>method to specify max threads/processors for the coyote ajp connector?
>that sounds a bit strange....

If it's not documented, then there's no configurable way to do it.  Of
course, you can always subclass/extend a connector just like any other
tomcat element to add the behavior you want.

>how does tomcat behave with the ajp connector? does it indefinitely
spawn
>threads to handle requests until it bombs out of memory? or is there
>behaviour as specified by the acceptcount/max processors for the http
>connector buried in the code of the ajp connector that can't be
modified?

I don't use the AJP connector, so I can't answer that one, but the code
is open for you to inspect at your leisure...

Yoav Shapira