tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: proper way to access local dir?
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:23:45 GMT

Howdy,

>Thanks Jim.  I like your JNDI method - hate having to muck with
settings
>each time I deploy on different boxes. :)

It's Tim, not Jim ;)  And it's only a choice of which settings to tweak,
not whether to tweak setting at all or not.  I do it in web.xml so that
none of my deployment is tomcat-specific.  The directories are ant
tokens replaced with the appropriate value by ant when packaging the
WAR.

The JNDI references are fine too.  Instead of changing web.xml, you just
have to change server.xml, or whatever the server-specific equivalent is
for a non-tomcat server.

Yoav Shapira