tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/web.xml
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:10:32 GMT

Howdy,
Do you have symbolic links throughout your webapp, e.g. to files in
WEB-INF/lib?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

WEB-INF/web.xml,
>but has also thrown the exact same error with WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld
(it
>will eventually list all tld's setup in my web.xml file). Below is the
>error
>and below that is the web.xml file.
>Does anyone know what I've done wrong?
>
>Thanks.
>Anna Yates
>

> 2003-12-17 17:11:30 StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service()
for
> servlet action threw exception
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to initialize
TldLocationsCache:
> XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/web.xml
>  at
>
>org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init(TldLocationsCache.jav
a:21
>0
> )
>  at
>
>org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.getLocation(TldLocationsCa
che.
> ava:181)
>  at
>
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getTldLocation(JspCompilationCo
ntex
> .java:516)
>  at
>org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:457)
>  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:523)
>  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1577)
>  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:171)
>  at
>
>org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java
:247
>)
>  at
>
>org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java
:149
>)
>  at
>
>org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java
:135
>)
>  at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:237)
>  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:456)
>  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)
>  at
>
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.j
ava:
>5
> 52)
>  at
>
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.j
ava:
>2
> 91)
>  at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301
)
>  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applic
atio
> FilterChain.java:284)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFil
terC
> ain.java:204)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispat
cher
>.
> java:742)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(Applicati
onDi
> patcher.java:506)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDis
patc
> er.java:443)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispa
tche
> .java:359)
>  at
>
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.ja
va:1
>0
> 69)
>  at
>
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestP
roce
> sor.java:455)
>  at
>
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java
:279
>)
>  at
>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
>  at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applic
atio
> FilterChain.java:284)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFil
terC
> ain.java:204)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperVal
ve.j
> va:256)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
> t.java:151)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardCo
ntex
> Valve.java:245)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextVal
ve.j
> va:199)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
> t.java:151)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.jav
a:19
>5
> )
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
> t.java:151)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.jav
a:16
>4
> )
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
> t.java:149)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve
.jav
> :156)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
> t.java:151)
>  at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>  at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
>  at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:211)
>  at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:80
5)
>  at
>
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn
> ction(Http11Protocol.java:696)
>  at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:60
5)