tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: Single session across webapps
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:09:21 GMT

There is no actual way that I know of to directly share sessions.

I'd imagine what the person meant was if you create a singleton in /common/lib, then you need
to store all the session information for each user in that singleton, then when you enter
a new app you should check in the singleton to see if the information for that user has been
stored and if so then replicate all the information there into the current session. Not exactly
session sharing but a shared location for objects common across webapps.

Ta
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd O'Bryan [mailto:toddobryan@mac.com]
Sent: 21 January 2004 11:04
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Single session across webapps

I asked a much more involved question before and no one responded, so...

Is there a way to share sessions across webapps running in the same
container? A previous message talked about putting a singleton in
/common/lib, but wasn't too specific about how to work it. Could
somebody be more specific or direct me somewhere that is?

Thanks,
Todd