tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Green, Jeffrey" <jeffrey.gr...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Apache and Tomcat together
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:51:07 GMT
Anyone know about the benefits / detriments of using mod_proxy?  It sets up
a heck of a lot easier than mod_jk2 and seems to offer the same
functionality.  A great doc on this is at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104441321803644&w=2.
Anyone have any insights?  Having set up both mod_proxy and mod_jk2, I can
safely say that mod_proxy was much easier for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:christopher.d.schultz@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 10:36 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: [OT] Apache and Tomcat together

Mike,

>>Apache is faster for static content.
>
> Don't get Yoav started...

:) I have gotton him started on this, before. It's funny, though... last
time I looked at the Tomcat Connector FAQ, it actually says flat out
"Apache is faster than Tomcat at serving static content":
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/connectors.html. It does qualify
that statement by saying that unless you're talking about high traffic,
then it doesn't really matter. However, they *do* make that claim.

-chris

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as
an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial
product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information is
complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All
information is subject to change without notice.