tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hume, John - NA US HQ Delray" <john.h...@cruisesonly.com>
Subject RE: Please help, I have a headache .. servlet init troubles
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:02:17 GMT
Just a stab ....  Did you back up a copy of your application such that you
might have something like this?

/tomcat
  /webapps
    /myapp
    /myapp_bak
    /ROOT
    /...

Maybe Tomcat is attempting to load myapp_bak with default settings.

-----Original Message-----
From: Allistair Crossley [mailto:Allistair.Crossley@QAS.com]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 10:57 AM
To: TOMCAT USER (E-mail)
Subject: Please help, I have a headache .. servlet init troubles

I am having the biggest headache ever with this. When I start Tomcat

1) Why is my controller servlet always initialised twice?? That is, as soon
as all my logging has finished for one init, it all comes out again a second
time!

2) In the init I get the following error when it tries to look at my JNDI
datasource...

2004-01-19 15:35:28,764 INFO
com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.IQActionServlet.init(Unknown Source) :
dataSource: done

2004-01-19 15:35:28,764 ERROR
com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.IQActionServlet.init(Unknown Source) : Init
could not acquire connection from DataSource:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '' for connect URL 'null', cause: null Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '' for connect URL 'null'

Yet shortly after it seems to have found my datasource perfectly ok because
calls work...

2004-01-19 15:36:44,828 DEBUG
com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.base.navigation.NavigationManager.init(Unknown
Source) : CONNECTIOINIT org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection@1873eb2

My JNDI resouce is below (clearly a URL DOES exist).

Thank you all! ADC

-- snip --

			<Resource name="jdbc/iqdb" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

			<ResourceParams name="jdbc/iqdb">
				<parameter>
				  <name>factory</name>

				</parameter>
			  	<parameter>
				  	<name>driverClassName</name>

<value>com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver</value>
			  	</parameter>
			  	<parameter>
				   	<name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://server:1433</value>
			  	</parameter>
			  	<parameter>
					<name>username</name>
					<value>sa</value>