tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hume, John - NA US HQ Delray" <john.h...@cruisesonly.com>
Subject RE: Need an Idea - appending #tag after someurl.jsp ?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:55:39 GMT
Is the servlet doing a RequestDispatcher.forward or HTTP redirecting?  It
seems a response.sendRedirect (HTTP redirect) would work, assuming your JSP
doesn't need the data from the form POST request.  If it DOES need to share
the request with the servlet, then I believe the HTML form action will have
to include the #tag.

The other way to go would be JavaScript in the JSP that looks at a request
parameter or something else in the URI, which doesn't strike me as pretty,
but others may like.  Note that JavaScript won't see request parameters that
you add in a RequestDispatcher.forward, so here again the form (if it's a
GET) or form action (if it's a POST) would have to include something for the
JS to see.

-john.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mufaddal Khumri [mailto:mufaddal@wmotion.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 5:45 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Need an Idea - appending #tag after someurl.jsp ?

hi,

I have a page called First.jsp. I have a <a name='tag'> on it. When i
submit a form to a servlet, the servlet needs to forward me to
First.jsp#tag. Problem is i get the following message when i try to do
this:

type: Status report
message: /First.jsp#tag

if it were: First.html#tag it would have worked, but for a jsp .. Any
Ideas to get the same effect?