tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Glanville, Jay" <Jay.Glanvi...@NaturalConvergence.com>
Subject Is there such thing as an "alias" context?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:12:32 GMT
Hello all.

Is there such a thing as an alias context, where all requests for a
specific context get redirected to a second context?

The way that we are currently doing this is to set the docBase attribute
of the "alias" context to the docBase of the "concrete".  For example:
    <Context path="/concrete" docBase="/app/webroot" />
    <Context path="/alias"    docBase="/app/webroot" />

I don't like this approach as if we move the docBase of the concrete
context, we need to update the docBase of the alias context.  I would
prefer to see something like this:
    <Context path="/concrete" docBase="/app/webroot" />
    <Context path="/concrete" alias="/concrete"      />

I also know that this could be done using an actual web application with
a single servlet that redirects all requests to the other context.
However, that requires creation and maintenance.  If this could be done
with a configuration setting that would be good.

I haven't been able to find anything about redirects or aliases in the
tomcat 5 documentation.  Is there such a feature?

Thanks

JDG

--
Jay Glanville