tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Cherry <jcea...@mac.com>
Subject How do I build mod_jk.so
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:04:27 GMT
OK, first of all I tried to download mod_jk for linux and I could not
find it.  Maybe it exists, but I have always found Apache's download
page to be lacking.  So I downloaded the source code (jk2).  I did what
the README file said but found it to be wrong so I did what I could to
get ant to compile the project but now I don't know what to do.  I was
expecting to have a mod_jk.so file (which made me question why ant was
the build tool) but have not found it.  Could someone tell me what I
have done wrong.  All I want to do is connect Apache and Tomcat and at
ever step of the process I hit a road block.  All documentation on the
subject seems to be missing key information "like how to actually build
a connector) and I am starting to believe that the Tomcat project is is
serious disarray.  I hope I can be proved wrong.