tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Miller" <Mike.Mil...@timera.com>
Subject ClassNotFoundException Using shared/classes
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:44:34 GMT
I just wanted to post this info so that other users don't make the same
mistake I made.    I was attempting to use the
catalina_home/shared/classes for some shared class files and was getting
ClassNotFoundException.   When I copied those files to the
catalina_home/common/classes directory everything worked fine.   I
finally found the issue, which I didn't see documented anywhere:   I
created my myweb.xml file by copying either the admin.xml or
manager.xml.  The problem is that those files contain privileged="true".
Once I reset that to false (or removed the parm), I was able to load the
classes in shared/classes.