tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Subir Sengupta" <>
Subject RE: Problem with redirecting .jsp file requests with .htaccess
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:26:05 GMT
Could it be this bug:

-----Original Message-----

From: Francois Masson []=20

Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 5:27 AM

Subject: Problem with redirecting .jsp file requests with .htaccess

I am using Apache 2, Tomcat 4.1.29 and the ajp13 connector (under Fedora

FC1) to connect Apache and Tomcat together. I have a problem with the=20
.htaccess directives for .jsp files. In the httpd.conf config,=20
AllowOverride is set to All in order to process the directives that I=20
put in the .htaccess file. The redirection directives works fine for all

kind of files (html, jpg,...) but .jsp pages. The problem seems to be=20
that the .htaccess directives used for redirecting some specific .jsp=20
requests are ignored by Apache who transmits directly the request to

For instance, if I want Apache to redirect the files file1.html and=20
file1.jsp to respectively file2.html and file2.jsp, I put the
following=20 directives in my .htaccess file in the same directory:

Redirect /file1.html

Redirect /file1.jsp

The first redirection works perfectly fine (i.e.=20 <>  is
redirected to=20
<> ), but the second redirection fails.
I=20 cannot manage to redirect
<>  to=20
<> .

Can anyone help ? It seems to me that the JkMount /*.jsp wrkr directives

has full priority over the redirection mechanism of .htaccess files ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:

For additional commands, e-mail: