tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Subir Sengupta" <su...@walmart.com>
Subject RE: how can I change a variable on the fly with shutting down tomcat
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:21:01 GMT
Yes you can do this with the java.nio classes.  Check out this article
http://sys-con.com/story/?storyid=3D37288

Subir

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kenny - CPX Mngd Services
[mailto:Mike.Kenny@Comparex.co.za]=20
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 10:39 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: how can I change a variable on the fly with shutting down
tomcat

This is more of a question than an answer, but does java have anything
like C's mmap()? Which allowed you to map files into memory such that
changes to either the file or the area in memory updated the other. I
know that this may be too OS specific to satisfy Java's platform
independence, but this posting got me thinking about it.

Mike