tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Talley, Angelina" <talley_angel...@emc.com>
Subject RE: Making index.jsp work as welcome page after upgrade
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:57:50 GMT
I realized that one and put it back. Still the same problem, unfortunately.
I tried with both my webapp precompiled and not precompiled, both with
index.jsp present. I even tried Tomcat's default ROOT webapp, same problem.
Still just get the directory index. *sigh*

-----Original Message-----
From: news
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: 1/7/2004 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: Making index.jsp work as welcome page after upgrade

"Talley, Angelina" <talley_angelina@emc.com> wrote in message
news:54E90801719C734E9969C98D40DE1E8640C881@corpusmx2.corp.emc.com...
> Hello! I just upgraded a web application from Tomcat 4.0.6/mod_jk
> Tomcat 4.1.29/mod_jk2 2.0.2 (built myself), both on Apache 1.3.27 on
Linux.
> Our webapp runs as the ROOT context (files are in
> $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT). We have precompiled the JSP pages for
4.1.29,
> but did not do that in 4.0.6.

With Tomcat 4.x, you still need to have a physical 'index.jsp' file in
the
directory, even if you've precompiled it (this is no longer true for
Tomcat
5.x).  An empty file is good enough.  Also, unless you're mapping
everything
to Tomcat, you need it so that Apache realizes that there is an index
file
there.

> On the old setup, to get to our application all you had to do was type
> https://myserver <https://myserver>  and you'd get index.jsp by
default.
> Now, if you type the URL like that you get a directory listing. You
have
> explicitly put index.jsp in the URL to get to it. If you do that, the
entire
> web app works just fine.
>
> Is there some new configuration item I need to tweak here? I tried
adding
> segment for welcome-file-list to my web.xml:
>
>     <welcome-file-list>
>         <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
>     </welcome-file-list>
>
> But it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated. I figured perhaps my workers2.properties was messed up,
so
I'll
> put a sample of that below. I made almost no changes at all to
server.xml
> except to add tomcatAuthentication="false" for the Coyote connector
and to
> comment out the connector on port 8080. I should note that if run as
Tomcat