tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Nelson <Steve.Nel...@ided.state.ia.us>
Subject RE: Tomcat reconnect to database server?
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:37:47 GMT

Does this force it to reconnect in the case of an error? I know the
documentation lists adding
?autoreconnect=true
to the connection string to cause this to happen. Course I have only seen
this with MySQL Databases.

-Steve
P.S. has anyone gotten the MySQL driver failover to work?

-----Original Message-----
From: Altankov Peter [mailto:PAltankov@globul.bg]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 10:38 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat reconnect to database server?

The DBCP pool that you lookup from JNDI is already such a connection
manager. Just try adding the validation query that Arthur suggested.
Im not sure for MSSQL but I use this for Oracle:
      <parameter>
         <name>validationQuery</name>
         <value>SELECT 1 FROM dual</value>
      </parameter>

This goes under    <ResourceParams name="jdbc/your_resource">....

BR