tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject shutdown hook for JNDI custom resource factories???
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 05:48:15 GMT

I have implemented a custom JNDI resource factory according to the
documentation here...
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html#Adding%20Custom%20Resource%20Factories

The Object that gets returned from this factory uses the
JDOHelper.getPersistentManagerFactory() to return a JDO Persistence Manager
Factory object (PMF).  The PMF is supposed to be closed and I found that
when I was creating storing the PMF in a servlet context listener and
creating it on startup, if I didn't shut it down upon application shutdown,
upon application reload I would get a java.lang.ThreadDeath.

Am I going to have to grab the object from JNDI in the shutdown() method
and then do myobj.pmf().close()?  Is there a better way to do this without
having to use a servlet context listener?  Maybe configurable through the
JNDI configuration?

Jake