tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [RE-POST] Re: Eclipse+Ant+Tomcat 5 - problems [HELP!]
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:58:03 GMT
At 05:16 PM 1/20/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>>Brice Ruth wrote:
>>
>>When you undeploy, C:\Tomcat-5.0\conf\Catalina\localhost\fiskars.com.xml
>>should be removed. At least this is what's intended.
>>I think you should post the task sequence so that this is reproduceable.
>>
>>Yet another solution: you can create a .war in the host appBase and
>>overwrite it to redeploy the webapp.
>Thanks, Remy. Here's what I do:
>
>- start Tomcat 5
>- deploy WAR (localWar)
>- undeploy WAR
>- deploy WAR
>*BANG*
>
>I've worked around this for now by having "localWar" point to my project,
>which is structured as a valid deployment (unpacked WAR) - and just using
>the "reload" action, after doing an initial install.
>
>I've noticed, however, that the temporary context.xml files don't get
>removed when I shut-down Tomcat 5. This seems like a bug, right?

Not if you haven't undeployed it.  the "install" task from Tomcat-4.1.xx
worked this way.  The context was deployed only in memory and server
restart would be enough to get rid of it.  I personally like the way
Tomcat5 works for deployment.  The only thing I wish is that when deploying
from a local war and wanting to update that deployment, you could just do
"deploy" with the "update" flag and it would undeploy it first if it was
already deployed.  This works when doing a normal deployment but not which
a local war for some reason, although I haven't tested this with
Tomcat-5.0.18 yet.

Jake