tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Question Regarding Running Tomcat 5.0.16 As A Service On Windows 2000
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:21:00 GMT
At 04:37 PM 1/13/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>Nope, it was Windows 2000, SP4.  All the other
>versions of Apache Tomcat services I have all show up
>under their service name, so I expected 5.0.16 to do
>the same.
>
>Yes, I do have CATALINA_HOME as the environment
>variable.
>
>Still not working. - MOD

Hmm...  How about if you just specify "service.bat install"?  Does that
work?  I've tried the install on both Win2k and WinXP and it works in both
places just fine.

Before when you mentioned "several messages flying" by about usage, the
only way that could happen is if you provided the parameters
incorrectly.  Specifically, if the first parameter was not "install" or
"remove".  The second parameter is, of course, optional.  If you are
familiar with DOS batch scripts, you can check this out
yourself.  Otherwise, I'm not sure what the problem is.  Works for me.

Jake