tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Question Regarding Running Tomcat 5.0.16 As A Service On Windows 2000
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:09:14 GMT
At 01:42 PM 1/13/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi Jacob,
>
>Just one thing wasn't clarified in the readme:
>
>In the line commented as "Set extra parameters", are
>the characters between the # symbols considered
>commented out?  If I needed to change the values
>associated with #-Xms32m#-Xmx256m#, should I replace
>the # with a space?
>
>It looks that way to me, but I wanted verification
>from an expert.  Thank you - MOD

Heh, "expert".  That's funny.  I just happened to see an email which
contained a reference to the service.bat, started with that, watched the
list some more, and finally came up with what is there.  It really is only
tweaks added to the original.

As for the # signs.  Those are actually the delimiters of the
arguments.  Don't ask me how they came up with that syntax.  It just is
that way.  They aren't being used for comments and shouldn't be replaced by
anything else if you want things to work.

Jake