tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: "Silent" install of Tomcat on Windows?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 05:35:48 GMT
At 12:23 PM 1/7/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>  Is there a command I can
>run from the command prompt to install it as a service after
>I unzip the files into a dir?
>
>Thanks,  Mike

Yep.

Actually, this was recently discussed on the list.  See..
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/bin/service.bat

Also, I've noticed a couple of issues with that version, so here's the
version I use (attached inside a zip file).  I've included both the latest
unmodified 1.3 version and my updated version which should fix things such
as JSP compilation not working because tools.jar isn't added to the
classpath and a couple other things I forget.  There are also simple usage
instructions (copied from an earlier message on the list).

Jake