tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Really dumb question -- how do I set up Tomcat 5 to run as a service on NT?
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:11:34 GMT
Hi Bill,

One quick follow-up to add to my previous comments...

When I used to use the old JavaService tomcat.exe (in Tomcat-4.x.xx), each
time I started Tomcat, the stdout.log would be wiped clean upon
startup.  With procrun, stdout never gets cleaned up.  I would actually
prefer this behavior since the log can fill up over time and can get pretty
huge which is undesireable.  All the other logs are rolled to account for
this, but stdout will just end up one giant log which has to be manually
deleted in order to wipe it clean.

So, should procrun be clearing the stdout.log (likewise, stderr.log, but
hardly any logging goes to that as I've seen so far) by default as is my
preferred behavior?  Is it (or should it be) configurable via setup of the
service?

Jake