tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Win 2003 + Tomcat Server servlet placement
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 03:34:08 GMT

Do this.

Forget the installer.  I never use it anyway.  Just grab the zipped or
gzipped archive, extract it to a directory of your choice (I suggest using
a path without spaces to be safe), set JAVA_HOME to the directory where you
have the JDK installed (not the JRE, the full JDK).

Now, you should set up your own webapp under your own context, not dump
servlets into the existing ROOT context.  But if you want to do that,
fine.  Then you'll have to uncomment the invoker servlet in
CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml.  After that, start Tomcat and you should be
able to access your servlet.

Jake