tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Greenland" <je...@netwidedev.com>
Subject RE: Adjust Memory Settings
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:29:12 GMT
I think I found the answer (in case anyone else wants to know).

In the registry, find:
HKLM\Software\apache software foundation\tomcat service
manager\tomcat5\parameters
And edit JavaOptions.  This is where the command line parameters are
stored.

Does anyone know of a different/better way?  This seems fairly simple
and straightforward to me, but I would like to know if others have a
better way of doing it.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Greenland
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:13 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Adjust Memory Settings

Hello all,

I need to be able to adjust the memory settings for Tomcat as it runs on
Win2003 as a service.  In previous versions, I was able to modify the
wrapper.properties file to something like this:

wrapper.cmd_line=$(wrapper.javabin)
-Djava.security.policy=="$(wrapper.tomcat_policy)"
-Dtomcat.home="$(wrapper.tomcat_home)" -Xmx384m -classpath
$(wrapper.class_path) $(wrapper.startup_class) -config
$(wrapper.server_xml) start

Which would then allow 384mb for applications.  In Tomcat 5 -- since it
installs as a service automatically -- I'm unable to find where I can
change this.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff