tomcat-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <ruixian....@pp.inet.fi>
Subject Re: Applet class files' location
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:51:59 GMT

Teja Jo wrote:

>Hello everyone ,
>
>There r some jsp files in the root directory of the web application.They display some
applets.If the applet class files are placed in a package structure inside WEB-INF/classes
- then I get a "ClassNotFoundException" for the applet.The applet files

It is designed so for security reason in that class files not seeable
from outside.

>have to be compulsorily kept in the directory which has the jsp files,but I want the applet
class files inside WEB-INF/classes.Could u tell me a way to do it?

I am afraid of no way unless you want to breach the security. Actually
applet files can sit anywhere where the directories/files can be served
to the user by tomcat, since applet has to be downloaded to the user's
own machine to run.

Hope this helps.

>Regards,
>Teja.