tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: production settings for Tomcat
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:39:16 GMT
Oddly enough, I usually ignore all those settings until I run into a problem.
(With the exception of maxThreads since I run apache in from of tomcat.)

Since 1.4 - I think the -server option has been ok to use. (YMMV)

As for memory settings - you should at least pick a default -Xmx(...) so you
have a base to start from when doing your tweaks than guessing what the
defaults are.

My opinion on options are that each option was added because someone had a
problem. Ignore them until you have that problem. (Benchmarking notes those
problems quickly instead of a 'wait and see' approach when the box is sitting
in production)

-Tim