tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "OUTTERS Guillaume" <guillaume.outt...@c-s.fr>
Subject Re: How do I build mod_jk.so
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:54:45 GMT
Thomas Cherry wrote:

> I was expecting to have a mod_jk.so file (which made me question why ant was
> the build tool) but have not found it.

I had this same problem on Solaris. I finally found that it couldn't
generate a mod_jk2.so (dynamic library), only a static one (mod_jk2.a)
because Apache didn't provide it dynamic libraries
($HTTPD_DIR/lib/libapr-0.so and $HTTPD_DIR/lib/libaprutil-0.so). I had
only their static version, so mod_jk2 detected that and created
everything in static.

I recompiled Apache with a bunch of options (join lines as necessary):
export HTTPD_DIR=/usr/local/httpd-2.0.48
./configure --prefix="$HTTPD_DIR" --enable-module=most
--enable-shared=most --without-gdbm --without-berkeley-db
--with-mpm=worker --with-pcre --enable-so --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
--enable-static=no --enable-shared=yes
make
, most of which must be unuseful but well it worked.

I've heard that another static-compiled library on Linux could have this
effect (but I don't remember which one, wondering if it is not PCRE),
and that disabling it was the right solution.

--
Guillaume Outters