tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject tomcat logging and java.util.logging
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:48:13 GMT
In my webapp's context I configured a logger:

       prefix="localhost_gargantus_log."
       suffix=".txt"
       timestamp="true" />

I changed over from using log4j to using the native java.util.logging
package, and I have lost the ability to write to this logger in my
context. Instead, java.util.logging logs to the file I specify (or a
default) in its own configuration file.

How come log4j was able to direct logging to the tomcat logger above?
Can I get java.util.logging to do that?

Tomcat will catch java.util.logging output if I use this:

   <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger"
       description="logs to catalina.out in tomcat logs dir" />

Can anybody shed some light on this situation?

Thanks
Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2