tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@jboss.org>
Subject Re: init 1 jndi pool fine, init 2 jndi pool not fine (with logging)
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:45:09 GMT
Allistair Crossley wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> You may recall I posted that I solved this problem some time ago...I
> was trying to reference my JNDI pool in the init() method directly
> and I was getting "Cannot create JDBC driver of class ''" errors. I
> moved that out into the classes themselves and it was going so well.
> But I have spotted that problem again in my logged. It may have been
> there all along as my application continues to work, but I do not
> like erroneous messages coming out in my logging - it makes me
> nervous!
>
> Check out the following logging taken just after I start TC 5.0.18.
> My servlet that called this stuff does not have a load-on-startup but
> it still decides to initalise TWICE. The odd thing about this from my
> POV is that the first INIT is fine .. you can see that a
> PoolableConnection gets created and the NavigationManager can get on
> with its job. Now look at the second INIT which decides to not find a
> PoolableConnection because of something to do with a null JDBC
> driver.
>
> Now I'm no rocket scientist but this strikes me as bizarre. And I
> would just like to mention that there is nothing wrong at all with my
> JNDI reference in the server.xml. I promise you that.
>
> So on this assumption that it is not the server.xml (because my
> application works and all my other pools work) why on earth am I
> getting
>
> 1. 2 initialisations for a non load-on-startup servlet 2. Cannot
> create JDBC driver of class '' when clearly the first init had no
> problem!
>

> 2004-01-27 09:29:55,917 DEBUG
> com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.base.navigation.NavigationManager.init(Unknown
> Source) : xml root set 2004-01-27 09:29:56,870 DEBUG
> com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.base.navigation.NavigationManager.init(Unknown
> Source) :
> connection=org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection@e99681
> 2004-01-27 09:29:56,870 DEBUG
> com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.base.navigation.NavigationManager.init(Unknown
> Source) : time before discover 1075195796870 2004-01-27 09:30:06,027
> DEBUG
> com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.base.navigation.NavigationManager.init(Unknown
> Source) : time after discover 1075195806027 2004-01-27 09:30:06,042
> DEBUG
> com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.base.navigation.NavigationManager.init(Unknown
> Source) : free memory after init: 1951728 2004-01-27 09:30:06,042
> DEBUG com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.IQActionServlet.init(Unknown
> Source) : NavigationManager Initialised.
>
> 2019824 2004-01-27 09:30:17,089 DEBUG
> com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.base.navigation.NavigationManager.init(Unknown
> Source) : xml root set 2004-01-27 09:30:17,105 ERROR
> com.qas.newmedia.intranet.iq.base.navigation.NavigationManager.init(Unknown
> Source) : failed to initialise navigation: Cannot create JDBC driver
> [...]

The most likely is that you have two webapps (one created from your
Context element - remember to put Context elements in a separate file
rather than in server.xml - and the other one because you have your
folder in webapps and its name doesn't match your context path).

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat