tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vitor Buitoni <vitor.buit...@digitro.com.br>
Subject Re: IOException while loading persisted sessions
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:32:17 GMT
When tomcat persists sessions, it will try to serialize all objects
stored in your sessions to disk. In order to be successful, all the
objects must be serializable.
In this example, the class
com.comp.newmedia.intranet.iq.dto.myiq.mylinks.Link is not serializable
- it does not implement the Serializable interface.

Vitor

Allistair Crossley wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I quite often but not always get a huge stack trace thrown when Tomcat boots up the top
part of which is the following. I'm not sure why it thinks it needs to be loading anything
to do with my bean here from persisted sessions. Is that a setting that I have switched on
that I need to switch off? Like I say, only happens on every 3rd or 4th reboot (development
instance) and it does not stop TC5.0.18 working either.