tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Rees <>
Subject Re: Tomcat manager reload, start and stop functionality
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:02:05 GMT
Quinten Verheyen wrote, On 1/27/2004 12:17 AM:
> I use Tomcat 4.1.29, and I have 2 servers running so in case of a
> start/stop clustering will definitely be a go ..

Note that under TC 4.x, session clustering isn't officially supported,
although Filip Hanik has made the clustering software available here as
an add-on to TC 4:

If your application doesn't use sessions, then you don't need to worry
about clustering and can just do load balancing.  If you need
clustering, I recommend using TC 5 where the clustering software is
actively developed and supported.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message