tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philipp von dem Bussche <phil...@bussche.net>
Subject Re: User define mbeans in servlet under Tomcat 5.0.x
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:07:14 GMT
Hi,
no you do not have to, I even would say you must not !
See here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/mbeans-descriptor-howto.html
You can add your own mbean descriptor by adding a descriptors attribute
to your ServerLifeCycleListener. I made a jar-File containing my MBeans
and the descriptor and put it into server/lib, so tomcat found it while
booting.
I can't definetly say, if you are able to use it in you admin/manager
application but I think you can.

Phil.