tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Apache .htaccess vs. realms in tomcat
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:57:37 GMT
To use .htaccess just make sure there is a physical directory for the mapping
for the servlet. (Even though tomcat won't use it)

For example lets say tomcat handles all the requests for /cowbell such that
tomcat also gets the request for:
/cowbell/is/the/prescription

So you could create a directory called /cowbell/is/the and place an .htaccess
file there so you can secure the prescription using the appropriate require
directives.

(I think)

-Tim