tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Kelly <tke...@buildingengines.com>
Subject Do I have to write a custom Realm and Valve...?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:12:00 GMT
This is in regards to user FORM based authentication's in Tomcat 4.1.27.
Do I have to write a custom Realm and Valve if your username column is
not unique?  I can't find any where in the archives or google that says
this must be unique but the UserPrincipal class seems to be created in
such a way that the username is expected to be unique.

I am trying to avoid writing any custom authentication code are there
ways around non unique usernames.  Such as upgrading to Tomcat 5.0?

Current Realm which works successfully is JDBCRealm and Tomcat 4.1.27.
The config in web.xml  is as follows:
<security-constraint>
  <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>Geofire</web-resource-name>
    <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
  </web-resource-collection>
  <auth-constraint>
    <role-name>*</role-name>
  </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
  <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
  <realm-name>Building Engines Login</realm-name>
  <form-login-config>
    <form-login-page>/jsp/loginHandler.jsp</form-login-page>
    <form-error-page>/jsp/errorLogin.jsp</form-error-page>
  </form-login-config>
</login-config>

--
Tim Kelly, Director of Development