tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject Re: Tomcat - Automatically writes a session?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:39:54 GMT
Neal wrote:

>I used the tag "<%@page session="false"%>" which does appear correct,
>but I'm still seeing that header:
>
>"Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=97C8777F16379B8EC2CD17273CE35C3C; Path=/"
>
>There are two reasons why I want to get rid of this:
>
>1. I assume I'm waiting server resources holding open a session for
>every user, unnecessarily.
>
>2. I've been told this may prevent Google from properly spidering the
>site.
>

>Can you please shed any more light on how to fix this potential issue?

Probably not, but I will try...

Did you clear the cookies on your browser? If the browser is saying "Hi!
XXX is my session ID", then, (iif that session exists), tomcat is free
of saying "Hi! keep your session ID, which is XXX"

Other than that, no idea. I have never struggled to avoid cookies.
Sorry. I was only echoing something I have read in the past.

Antonio Fiol